Welcome to Ladybirds Room
Children aged 18 months to 2 years 9 months old
The Ladybirds Room is a welcoming and spacious environment with access to a separate garden that has been designed to ensure children's play is based around natural resources. Our children are encouraged to make their own choices throughout the day and take part in adult-led activities. The room is set up in a way that aims for children's development to take place through their own natural curiosity.
As with all children at Highbury Primary School and Nursery, we observe and plan for children individually, ensuring that all children have the opportunity to learn and develop a range of skills through play and discovery based on their own interests and level of development.
We provide lots of opportunities for discovery and adventure!
- Ladybirds have their own daily messy/sensory play to experiment and manipulate from play dough, sand and water to painting, sticking and foam play. We provide a variety of natural objects, materials and music to stimulate and engage as well as relax and calm the children.
- We have a variety of construction toys for the children to learn about design, balance and building.
- We have a role play area in which the children can play in their own imaginative worlds. This is changed regularly, based on the children's interests.
- The children can relax in the cosy corner, where they can play quietly or look at books.
- Children can learn through play with an assortment of table-top activities and equipment that provides open-ended discussions.
- There is free access to the outside provision throughout the day to ensure that children have a choice of environments.