The aims of our inclusion policy and practice at Highbury Primary and Nursery are:
- To provide curriculum access for all
- To secure high levels of achievement for all
- To meet individual needs through a wide range of provision
- To attain high levels of satisfaction and participation from pupils, parents and carers
- To carefully map provision for all vulnerable learners to ensure that staffing deployment, resource allocation and choice of intervention is leading to good learning outcomes.
- To ensure a high level of staff expertise to meet pupil need, through well targeted continuing professional development.
- To work in cooperative and productive partnership with the Local Authority and other outside agencies, to ensure there is a multi-professional approach to meeting the needs of all vulnerable learners.
- To “promote children’s self-esteem and emotional well-being and help them to form and maintain worthwhile relationships based on respect for themselves and others”. (National Curriculum, 2014).