Administration Assistant – temp contract until 31/12/2017
- Salary Details: Pay Band 3 (£15,322 Full Time Equivalent) Actual Salary: £7,342
- Hours of Work: 20 hours per week, 9.00am – 1.00pm Mon-Fri
- Closing Date: Friday 29th September 2017
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic admin assistant to join our friendly team. If you have a good sense of humour, genuinely enjoy working as part of a team and are looking to join a successful and forward thinking school, look no further! You will need to be well-organised and self-motivated with excellent communication skills and high levels of initiative. Ideally you will have previous administrative experience as you will play a valuable role in contributing to the smooth running of our busy office.
Your main duties will include:-
- telephone and front of house reception duties
- providing excellent support to our pupils, parents, staff and governors
- providing efficient and accurate admin support including letters, telephone calls, routine enquiries
- the collection and checking of payments e.g. school trip money, dinner money, using Tucasi school cash office
- maintaining our school’s information system (SIMS) on a daily basis e.g. attendance, keeping parent contact numbers/pupil records up to date
- demonstrating a thorough understanding of confidentiality, safeguarding and Health & Safety
- undertaking duties as a qualified first aider (training can be provided)
In return we will offer:-
- A supportive, friendly and welcoming school team
- Superb working conditions and environment
- Appropriate training as required
Prior to interview, shortlisted candidates will be invited in to look around the school, meet the team, and experience a little of school office life! Please contact Samantha Beckham in the school office on 02392 375404 for further information. You can also e-mail:- firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Nursery 1:1 Special Needs Assistant
Our Nursery require a special needs assistant to start as soon as possible. Duties include supporting children with additional learning requirements, risk assessing and organising activities. Candidates should have a strong knowledge of children in Early Years settings.
Monday 8.30am – 11.30am; Wednesday 8.30am – 3.30pm; Friday 8.30am – 11.30
Temporary 3 month contract initially, pending requirement to review staffing needs.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring, hard working person with an NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent qualification, to work within our brand new Nursery School. Highbury Primary School and Nursery is a rapidly improving school and you would be joining us at a very exciting part of its development
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic and willing to take on new ideas
- Have experience and good knowledge of EYFS
- Be able to use their initiative
- Be able to support with social skills, emotional support and show empathy and understanding
- Be able to form effective working relationships
- Be flexible, patient and a good listener
- Be professionally discrete and able to respect confidentiality on particular issues
- Encourage high standards and be a good role model
- Need to support children’s learning within the indoor and outdoor provision.
We will offer:
- Support and guidance
- A successful and happy team
- Friendly children and a brand new Early Years Foundation Unit
35 hours Monday – Friday, Term Time Only
12 month fixed term contract
Application Procedure: For further information please contact Rebecca Frost, Nursery Manager on 02392 215600 or e-mail email@example.com
Bank Lunchtime Cover Assistants
We are looking to recruit lunchtime cover assistants to be on our bank of casual staff. You will be asked to cover absence and sickness on a call up basis so should be easily contactable by phone.
Duties include supervising children whilst at lunch and play and caring for children who are unwell. You should be reliable, professional and have a kind friendly nature. Rate of pay is £7.80 per hour. To apply, please request an application form in September 2017 from the school office.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.